Gravely & Pearson has experienced employment attorneys committed to protecting employee rights in the workplace. We represent employees in all areas of employment law from individual wrongful termination cases to complex multi-party and class action litigation. We have represented employees throughout the nation in the following areas:
- Discrimination based on age, gender, race, national origin, disability, religion and pregnancy
- Retaliation for reporting unlawful discrimination
- Sexual and racial harassment
- Violations of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Wrongful termination claims
- Discrimination and retaliation for filing workers' compensation claims
- Wage claims
- Overtime claims
- Breach of employment contracts
- Executive compensation and buyouts
- Severance packages
We have represented:
- A Lowe's Home Centers manager against the company in an action for wrongful termination after filing a workers' compensation claim and defamation. After a one week trial, the jury awarded our client $4.6 million in compensatory and punitive damages. Click here to learn more.
- An African-American campus police officer in a sex and race discrimination claim against the University of the Incarnate Word. The jury returned a verdict in favor of our client for $500,000.00. Click here to learn more.
- A female aircraft mechanic in a sex discrimination case against her employer, San Antonio Aerospace. After a three week trial, the jury found in favor of our client and awarded her $250,000.00. Click here to learn more.
- A law school dean in an employment dispute against the University. The settlement terms are confidential.
- A female employee of a national brokerage firm in a sexual harassment case. The case settled on the eve of trial for a confidential amount.
- A union member in an action for workers’ compensation retaliation. The case settled for a confidential amount.
- Several employees and managers of Lowe's Home Centers against the company for sexual harassment, age discrimination and other claims of discrimination.
- An adjuster who was fired by Allstate Insurance Company for refusing to commit an illegal act. He has asserted a Sabine Pilot claim and defamation. After a two week trial, thejury awarded him $873,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. Click here to learn more.