In the area of Business Litigation, Gravely & Pearson prides itself in offering effective results and solutions for clients. Commercial litigation attorneys at Gravely & Pearson have been litigating complex business and commercial matters for clients for over 20 years.
We have represented:
- Special Counsel to The State Commission on Judicial Conduct.
- An oil and gas exploration company against Dallas based Eagle Oil & Gas in a theft of trade secrets action.
- Methodist Hospital of Texas as Monitoring Counsel for construction and property insurance issues.
- Numerous Texas trade groups including; Texas Hospital Association, Texas Hotel and Lodging Association, Texas Association of School Boards, Texas Association of Counties, International Council of Shopping Centers, Texas Building Owners and Managers, Texas Municipal League, Texas Association of Auto Dealers, Texas Community Association Advocates, Texas Organization of Rural and Community Hospitals.
- Multiple major medical facilities in property damage recovery actions.
- A Corpus Christi based church in a matter of corporate identity from the trial level to the Texas Supreme Court and back.
- The largest property owner and management company in San Antonio on insurance recovery matters.
- A major Texas recycling business in an insurance recovery action.
- West Independent School District in an action to recover for property damage as a result of a massive fertilizer plant explosion.
- The premier retirement community in New Braunfels, Texas in an action to recover for defective construction.
- Numerous homeowners across the state of Texas in insurance recovery actions.
- A Houston, Texas based real estate holding company in an insurance recovery action. Verdict was upheld on appeal.
- A hotel owner in South Texas in an action to recover for insurance agent malpractice.
- Numerous businesses, including Fortune 500 companies, in an action against the largest provider of internet security in the United States – VeriSign. The matter was certified as a national class action and resolved on terms favorable to our clients.
- A publicly traded company against an international coatings manufacturer after a massive failure of a coating product led to a loss of profits for our client. The jury returned a favorable verdict for our client.
- The Chief Operating Officer of a privately held technology start up in a breach of contract action against the sole shareholder of the company. The case settled on terms favorable to our client.
- An insurance broker in a breach of contract action against one of the largest domestic insurance carriers in the State of Texas. The matter settled on terms favorable to our client.
- A member of the Texas State Judiciary in a breach of contract action against his insurance carrier. The case settlement is confidential.
- A major regional hospital in an action against its general contractor and subcontractors for construction defects. The settlement is confidential.
- A cellular service provider in a partnership dispute. The settlement is confidential.
- A major oilfield services provider against a large United States based energy company and international refinery developer. The matter settled for a confidential amount.
- Numerous insurance agents against one of the largest insurance brokers in the United States.
- A family owned business against a national media provider in a contract dispute over rights to install and distribute content. The case settlement is confidential.
- A medium-sized business against a broker and major insurance company over the creation and implementation of its workers' compensation program. The case resolved on terms favorable to our client.